Monday, August 19, 2013

The start of something new

Hi there! My name is Sarah (my friends call me Sar or Sare bear) and I live in Magnolia TX.  In just a few short days I will be starting college!!! I will be attending Lone Star Montgomery for the next two years then transfer to Sam Houston State University to major in Criminal justice. But for right now I'm Sarah the high school graduate but not yet college student waiting for August 26th.

You always hear people say that you'll never forget the summer before your first year of college. Well its true! This was by far the best summer break I have ever had for the simple reason being I got to spend so much time with my friends. I have a group of 10 awesome friends and we call are self's Big Dog Nation, most of us were in band in high school and that's how we meet and became such close friends. We have so much fun together we are all able to completely be are true self's around each other no matter how weird we can be haha.

This past week I said my goodbyes as I watched 5 of my friends head off for college to move to there dorm rooms. It was hard seeing them go but I know God has great things in store for these young men and women and I cant wait to see all the great things they will do!! The rest of the group will leave this weekend and it will be just as hard, but I know its not really goodbye its see you soon.
Then there was one...

Because I am attending a community college my first two years I will be living at home and I have had many mixed feelings about that... so I decided to make a pro vs con list to help sort out my feelings

 Pros
  • going to a community college saves a ton of money
  • Lone Star is one of the best community colleges in the state
  • My mom still cooks for me

Cons
  •  I don't get your averaged college experience
  • Don't get to decorate a dorm room
  • The feeling of being left behind 
This year has been difficult watch my friends go through applying for colleges, then getting accepted then finally pack up and move away. But I have come to the conclusion yes I may still be living at home but no matter if I was moving into a dorm room right now I would still be away from my friends and starting a new part of my life. The only difference is I will be going through this change from the comforts of home. I will still meet new people, go on adventurers and, get a great education. I realize i'm not being left behind my friends are just moving forward and in my own way so am I, and I have no doubt my friends will always be there for me. also no one has the same "college experience" its different for each person and I plan on making the most of mine. Wish me luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment